Who We Are:
SelecTechnical Institute (“STI”), a proposed large residence (vocational) school, is a wholly owned subsidiary of SelecTransportation Resources (“STR”) and acts as its newly created continuing education arm. STR owns and operates full service commercial truck dealerships along the Texas Gulf Coast, exclusively representing Daimler Trucks North America, a subsidiary of the German Daimler Truck Holding AG, and its brands: Freightliner, Western Star, and Thomas Built Buses. SelecTransportation Resources’ portfolio of products and services includes new trucks and buses, premium used trucks, all makes parts, service & body shops, rental & leasing, software products, as well as finance and insurance services. The company with its 450 employees is headquartered in Houston, Texas and has for the past ten consecutive years been designated a top place to work by the Houston Chronicle.
What’s in it for You:
STR is a fast paced and growing organization that is looking for candidates that are ready for a daily challenge and cannot wait to provide superior and sustainable customer service both internally and externally. STR offers fantastic culture in an easy going family-like business environment, as well as competitive pay, 401K with match, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
What You’ll Do:
STI is looking for a school director to oversee its operations. The school director would have the following duties:
- Secure a career school license as a large residence (vocational) school from the Texas Workforce Commission by submitting a complete application for certificate of approval (CSC-001C) including all required documentation.
- Create STI’s catalog, including a course of instruction of a 24-week program that offers students who have received a certificate of diesel technology (minimum of 40 credit hours from an accredited college or technical institute) further hands-on specialized vocational training.
- Graduate at minimum twenty students from that 24-week program in the 2024 calendar year, at minimum forty students in the 2025 calendar year.
- Implement all practices necessary to meet ongoing requirements for licensed career schools by the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Secure accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (“ACCSC”), Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (“COE”), Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (“ACCET”), and Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (“ACICS”).
- Build a strategic partnership with the local college to build a tailored diesel technology program offering high school graduates the ability to study part time and work at one of STR’s dealerships part time with at minimum twenty-five annual graduates.
- Build strategic partnerships with the six local independent school districts (“ISD”) to offer the Diesel and Heavy Equipment pathway program as defined by the Texas Education Agency in the Transportation, Distribution & Logistics cluster of its Career and Technical Education (“CTE”) curriculum.
- Once established, serve as member of the advisory committee for the CTE pathway programs at each ISD and coordinate providing work-based learning experiences through internships.
- Participate in middle- and high-school recruiting activities, such as career days, to market the schools’ CTE pathway programs, the local college’s diesel technology program,and STI’s specialized vocational training.
- Create strategic partnerships with large industry partners for future employment of STI graduates.
- Excellent administrative and computer skills.
- Graduate level degree in education or equivalent.
- Demonstrated 10+ year work experience in administrative leadership positions at educational institutions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and exceptional team work skills.
- (Preferred) Spanish language skills.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military service, or any other basis protected by law.
Pay: From $80,000 per year