Houston, Texas, USA
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Who We Are:
SelecTrucks of Houston (a division of Houston Freightliner, part of the SelecTransportation Resources dealership group) is a premium commercial medium- and heavy-duty used truck dealership. With one of the largest commercial used truck inventories in the nation, SelecTrucks of Houston has been known for its customer service, product quality, and after sales support. In business for over twenty years, SelecTrucks of Houston’s reputation in the industry is unrivaled and stands for trust, dependability, and integrity.
What’s in it for You:
The growing operation is looking for candidates who would do well in a fast paced and positive environment, providing superior customer support, internally and externally, ready for a daily challenge. Providing a fantastic easy going family-like atmosphere, SelecTrucks of Houston offers competitive pay, 401k (with match and profit sharing), as well as medical and dental insurance.
What You’ll Do:
Used Trucks Sales Representatives are responsible for prospecting and generating sales as well as developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships with existing clients. The essential job duties are:
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of used trucks and pricing
- Review inventory on a daily basis
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business
- Meet or exceed new business sales goals
- Complete prospecting activities to secure first and follow up appointment with decision makers
- Prepare and deliver proposals/presentations to customers and key decision makers
- Prepare and draft sales agreements and other paperwork needed to complete the sale in a timely manner
- Introduce customers and prospective customers to the internal financing department
- Develop and maintain an awareness of the market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly
- Provide and generates all documents related to credit approval
- Ensure trucks are ready, repaired, clean and presentable for purchasing customer
What You Bring:
- Ideal candidate would be proficient in both English and Spanish dialects
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized with good time management skills
- Possesses proven analytical/problem solving skills for the customer and company
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft 365 and all its programs
- Previous sales experience in the automotive or trucking industry
- Experience in developing and executing sales strategies
- Possesses strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Must have valid class B commercial driver license (or ability to obtain shortly after hire) and a good driving record.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
SelecTransportation Resources is an equal opportunity employer. SelecTransportation Resources prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resumes to Ken.Dominique@selectrucksofhouston.com or inquire further at 713-580-8501.